October 30, 2008

Pylot and WebInject - Chosen as "Top web application load and stress test tools"

Pylot (my web performance test tool) and WebInject (my web functional test tool) were both just named on the "List of top web application load and stress test tools" from WarePrise.

I am really glad people are finding Pylot useful. It still needs a lot of work and functionality to get it to where I want it to be, but so far adoption is good for such a simple tool. It is written in Python and I use it regularly for my own testing.

WebInject is a more advanced tool that has been widely adopted for a few years as a testing tool and monitoring plugin. Lately it has taken on a life of its own and keeps popping up everywhere. Who knew my ugly ball of Perl code would get that popular?

Thanks for the props!

2 comments:

Joe said...

Congratulations, Corey!

Anonymous said...

Pylot is certainly impressive.